In Madrid we have already established a major tech hub and agile environment to enable us to develop a new innovative and user friendly HR platform solution that will really rock our industry.
We are more than 140 software developers, UX designers and professional staff among others. We want to expand substantially over the coming years, so we are looking for committed people who believe in our long term perspective.
Role and responsibilities:
- A passion for creating beautiful, engaging, intuitive, efficient and highly usable user interfaces.
- Self-Starter who takes ownership and drives issues to closure.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience mentoring Junior Frontend Engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective.
- Provide strategic recommendations for design implementation.
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others and strong analytical thinking skills.
- We are “Thoughtful by Design”. Be able to explain how and why you are doing something.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues within the company and Provide strategic recommendations for design implementation.
- Strong customer focus with ability to translate user requirements into good design.
- You will work closely with Product designers and develop reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimise code for maximum speed and scalability.
- Experience with responsive design.
- Maintain a high awareness of UI trends
- We care about shipping and we ship often. High quality, iterable enhancements that improve customer experience.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (XP, Scrum or Kanban).
- Close collaboration in the deployment process (IT Ops/DevOps).
- Discuss technical solutions with other developers and providing innovative new ideas to solutions.
- Contribute to the company development standards working closely with the Architects.
- Participate in knowledge "guilds" and actively share and develop knowledge on software development, professional development, software quality, new technology, new tools and techniques and training.
- Experience working with UX Designers, Visual Designers, Content Designers alike and being totally in sync.
- Unit testing (Jasmine, Karma,..)
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with Object Oriented programming and best practices
- High level of English
- Work with version control systems (Git, TFS, Subversion...)
Nice to have
- Functional testing (protractor)
- Knowledge & experience with Agile
- Experience working with Angular (1.x or 2)
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS, ..)
- Familiar with CSS methodologies (BEM , SMACSS, ITCSS …)
- ES6 and/or Typescript
- Development tooling (npm, Gulp, webpack, grunt,…)
About Visma Enterprise
Our headquarter is located in Oslo, Norway, and we provide solutions that keep our customers one step ahead of their competition. In optimizing for efficiency, the goal posts are constantly being moved.
At Visma, we aim to provide solutions and software that are of such high quality that they turn our customers' business and administrative processes into competitive advantages. That means offering world-leading solutions today, as well as tapping into the opportunities tomorrow's technology offers.
The Visma Group comprises five business areas: SMB, Enterprise, Commerce Solutions, Custom Solutions and Cloud Infrastructure Services. The group operates across the entire Nordic region along with Benelux, Central and Eastern Europe.