We have a challenging opportunity for an ambitious and motivated Java Developer to join our Master Data Management team. Our team is responsible for the development, testing, support and operation of Master Data Management (MDM) service. MDM stores master data (cost units, cost unit types, general ledger, and so on), manages centrally and provides the way to synchronise the same master data between several different systems. We have over 30 different integrations with other systems in Visma and support 40 different master data types. Master Data Management is a central system that keeps all integrated applications together.
Our services are hosted on the Amazon Web Services cloud platform and are built on top of Java technologies. Some of the SaaS solutions that we are using include: AWS EC2, AWS ECS, AWS RDS . As a System Developer you will work with design and implementation of new services and features, but also maintain existing services.
Our team is distributed between Oslo (Norway), Sibiu and Timișoara (Romania). Working language is English, development methodology - Agile/Kanban.
We value security and code quality, and we expect the same from you.
Responsibilities and work tasks:
- Development with the following technology stack: Jakarta EE, Git, Maven
- Participate in architecture, design and code reviews
- Write and maintain unit and integration tests
- Deliver and maintain good code quality
- Perform code reviews
- Keeping up-to-date on new technologies, methods and tools
- Participate in our agile processes and other team activities
We believe that you have:
- Master or Bachelor degree in Computer Science
- Good Java programming skills
- General software engineering competence in architecture, patterns, UML modeling and development methods
- Solid Object Oriented Programming knowledge
- Good competence in web technologies (like web services, RESTful services and web applications)
- Knowledge of and experience with Jakarta EE application servers
- Knowledge of and experience with SQL databases
- Experience with automated testing is an advantage
- Experience with integration projects and technologies is an advantage
- Interest in software engineering methods, design patterns, and modeling
- Experience and knowledge of Angular is an advantage
- Experience with AWS is an advantage.
- Well-structured and quality-focused attitude
- Team focus and good communication skills
- Genuine interest in software development
- Analytical mindset and well organized with attention to details
- Service oriented and self driven
- Good spoken and written language skills in English.
We will offer you:
- You will be part of a dynamic and highly skilled team
- A creative working environment with modern technologies and tools
- Good opportunities for career development in a large international company
- An exciting position in an international working environment
- Flexible working time
- International travels for training and workshops (when COVID is over)
- Access to company apartments in Spain and France
- Attractive salary and benefits package (13th salary, medical insurance, pension PIII, meal tickets, sport plan)
- Coffee and cake, fruits :)
We look forward to receiving your application!