Visma IT & Communications is looking for a passionate NSX/Cloud Director specialist with a passion for design, architecture, configuration, rapid deployment, scalability and automation.
You must have a drive to develop high quality processes that will run in an unusually complex technical environment. You will be a member of the Compute, Storage and Data Protection Team, where your skills and contributions to manage our Compute environment (VMware, Cloud Director, Azure Stack Hub, etc) will be very visible. Together we will build our green-field Cloud Director installation and our Private Cloud based on Azure Stack Hub. You must love to help team members and to receive help from them. The team is international so you will use English both written and orally. If the descriptions above fits you, and you can check several of the following bullets, Visma IT & Communications can offer you very interesting work and competitive terms.
About the Team
“Compute, Storage and Data Protection” is the team that is responsible for few of the most important infrastructure services that the IT Delivery Hub takes care of. We are an international team with members in Norway, Slovakia, Lithuania, Netherlands and Romania and everyone gives their best every day in order to provide top quality services to our customers, our great results being based on good communication and collaboration.
Your skills, experience and abilities
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in related fields, with an overall minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- In depth knowledge of processes, research and performance analysis capabilities
- Negotiation capabilities and problem-solving mindset
- Experience in a multi-tiered, distributed and diverse infrastructure and in large environments
- Experience working in Cloud Director/NSX/Containers (Kubernetes)
- Knowledge and experience in Tanzu
- Must be comfortable with the concept of SDN with the VMware EHC Cloud perception, Hybrid network services, NSX development and operations, and Public Cloud services.
- High level of experience with automation, compute, storage systems, and network systems
- Ability to work with minimal direction, yet able to work in a team environment
- Strong Scripting and Orchestration skills
- Experience in Azure Stack Hub and Docker is a plus
- Understanding the IT Service industry as well as the relevant marketplace
- Effectively cope with change; comfortably adjust to alterations in work activities; able to decide and act with limited information; effectively handle risk and uncertainty in ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated resilience, diplomacy, influence, relationship building, and problem-solving skills in a variety of situations
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and experience dealing effectively with a wide range of people
- Fluency in Business English is required
- Customer-oriented behaviour
- Fast learner - research capabilities for obtaining required information.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Cloud Director design, architecture, installation/deployment, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting.
- Using DevOps processes, creating and automating methods to scale Cloud Director compute, control and storage within and across data centers
- Automate the backup, failover and disaster recovery procedures of an enterprise Cloud Director environment
- Improving customized outlines using NSX, vRA, and vRO to automate and simplify tasks
- Develop, automate and manage patching procedures for underlying OSes, tools and components for VMware
- Manage and optimize workloads across availability zones
- Collaborate with IT Security to implement cloud-related security and compliance policies
- Actively contribute to further develop the Private Cloud Area and of the Infrastructure in cooperation with the Team manager/Director of IT Development.
What Visma offers
- An exciting position in an international working environment where you will be part of a dynamic and highly skilled international team
- Good opportunities for career development through internal training and diverse work assignments in a prominent international company
- We offer competitive terms and conditions
- Company holiday apartments in Spain and France
- Many other exciting surprises and benefits
Note! We conduct background checks on relevant candidates through our partner Semac.
If you want more information about the position, you are warmly welcomed to contact email@example.com
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!